Wednesday, December 3, 2008

jay leno

does anyone really think that conan can take over for jay leno?  I don't.  If he is successful it will be because they allowed him to do what he wants and not "tone down" for the better time slot.  Conan thrives in a crazy, uncontrolled environments.  I can remember New years eve with corn and cows and "rock hard party nipples".  I can remember him telling 3 jokes in a monologue b/c he kept walking like he was on stairs back and forth through the camera view, and then pretending he was donald trump.  I remember the tv coming down with the inappropriate channel.  i could go on and on, and you can post your favorite conan skits if you want.  my point is that none of that stuff is going to fly at the earlier slot.  

so hopefully nbc comes to its senses and keeps conan where he is, or that im completely wrong. 


2 comments:

Danielle said...

I never thought of it that way. I think that Conan is so much funnier than Jay, but you're right. He could never act the way he acts in the earlier time slot.

Caseyindallas said...

You know I LOVE Conan...I do cringe to think of a more sanitized, toned down version of his show.

My favorites are anytime he talks to Arnold or does a skit like the time he worked for UPS for the day.
www.hulu.com

Good stuff...